Scattered Thoughts

Saturday, November 04, 2006

My new job.

I had composed this blog about two months ago.. posting it now finally! You will need to adjust to the references to time....


Heyylooo guys! yeah yeah.. i know its been a long time. Nevertheless.. I have News! I am finally back to the usual routine.. well.. ALMOST usual routine.. Got back to working! yiiiiiiiiipppieee! Isnt that great?!? Feels so good to start working again. oh by the way.. to those who are unaware.. I quit working at VL two months ago, coz i had to move to bangalore after my wedding with sid. Bangalore is quite a nice city (not as nice as hyd though).. for.. its Veeerry crowded.. very polluted.. very expensive.. very IT.. :P not to mention the exxxtremely bad traffic! All it has is shopping malls and hundreds of pubs and discs..and THATS ALL!! Ok coming back to the point.. my new job! Joined a UK based comp here as a SQA.. am into finance domain.. (totally new to me! know Nothing in finance!!) Nevertheless.. the company thinks that its not a big issue and can be learnt in 'no time'! Huh!! How ppl have high hopes!! Anyways.. here are a few good and not so good things abt the new job..
GoOD:

1.
I got back to work as SQA! ( i was losing hopes.. ) also, friends tell me that finance is a good domain.. (I'll tell you wht i think in a few mnths)
2. Its a grreat learning ground.
3. The company pays me well :D Yippie!!
4/ The place is about 3kms away from home.. meaning 20 min drive on a avg day. (I used to travel for over a hour and half for my previous job at hyd! n dat was 26 km from home) phew!!
5. People here are very friendly .. always smiling :) and thorough professionals!


Not so good:

No access to internet during office hours! Man that suckkkkkkkkkkkks!!! I hate it.. I can quit the job for this reason!!
But wait... theres more.. We cant mail to anyone outside the domain (group)!!!Now, have you ever heard of that!! Huh! Dont ask hows dat possible! Its happening here.. i cant send mails to anyone but my own collegues who sit right beside me! no one outside the company!! Gosh! What are they trying to prove??!??!!?!?Bad! I dont like it a bit!!
Do you think i can go to the director and give her a piece of my brain? The point is..how can you put up a limit to ones knowledge? Ofcourse you need net to get to know all the things in the world! I even used to read the NEWS on Net(Never had much time for the newspaper)!My GK is gonna go down the drain! :(
Anyways.. lemme not complain too much.. for there are more pros than cons for now!
Its nice to be working here.. i am able to manage home and work quite well.. thanks to the work timings! Keeps everyone happy!
Chalo will catch up soon again.

Posted by Aarti :: 3:55 PM :: 1 comments

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------